The Ultimate Buying Guide
Are you ready to let your alter-egos shine, whether they're silly, powerful, empowered, or brightly colored? Are you ready to let them be themselves? You can make them all seem amazing, and you may accomplish this with the help of the right wig. Wigs are versatile, and they let you express yourself freely. Here are some suggestions to assist you in selecting the most appropriate wig for you.
How to Choose a Wig that Is Correct for Your Head Shape and Size
Before we get too far into the plethora of wig options available, let us review the fundamentals of wigs: Do you mind telling me about the size and form of your head?
These are the two most important factors. These two elements are important because they have an impact on how well a wig fits and how well it compliments your facial features. Some wigs may be customized, whilst others are available in a range of sizes. This is why it is vital to be aware of your own personal skull size. An investment this significant should make you feel secure in your choice. You may purchase a wig either online or in-store, and you will receive all of the information you want. Taking this step will ensure that your purchasing experience is pleasant.
How to Take Your Head Measurement
Knowing your head size is vital before purchasing any hair-related accessories such as closures or bundles, even if you are considering changing wigs in the future. The average female head measures between 22 and 23 inches in circumference. Due to the fact that women's skulls can vary in size, this is only an average. Several wigs are available in standard sizes that may be adjusted to match any head shape or size.
Instructions on how to take accurate measurements are provided below.
- Clip back any hair that is in your face.
- Measure your head using a flexible tape measure at the base of your skull and the back of your neck. Afterward, gently pull the tape up and away from your ears until it reaches your hairline at the top of your head. When measuring the circumference of your skull, this measurement will be used.
- The tape should be wrapped over one ear and then dragged across your head towards the other ear. This will be used to determine the distance between your eardrums.
- Place the tape in the center of your brows to create a crease. Using your fingers, drag the tape around your head until it reaches the nape of your neck. From the front to the back, take your measurements.
Following the completion of your measurements, you may use them to determine which wig size is appropriate for your needs.
What is the shape of your face when it comes to facial recognition?
In terms of design and color, wigs are available in about every variation possible. It is totally up to you to decide which one is the most appropriate for your face. If you only look at an image for a moment, it may be difficult to determine where you fall.
How to Recognize Your Face Shape is as follows:
- Measure the length of the brow arch using a flexible tape measure, starting at one end and ending at the other. Remember to make a note of the measurement.
- Measure the width of your cheekbones.To determine the height of your cheekbones, check for bumps behind each corner of your eyes on each side of your nose. Take a measurement from one bump to the next, starting at the top of the hill. Remember to make a note of the measurement.
- Find the widest part of your jaw and measure from one end to the other. Remember to make a note of the measurement.
- From the top of your head to the tip of your chin, take a measurement of your face in centimeters. Remember to make a note of the measurement.
As soon as you've taken your measurements, you may use them to determine what shape your face is in. The following are the most often seen shapes:
- Heart-shaped: the brow is the widest, and the chin is the narrowest.
- Round: The cheeks and forehead are equal in breadth, which is a common characteristic of round faces. In this way, the appearance of bigger cheeks is created.
- Faces with a square shape have a jawline that is as long as it is wide but with a more angular appearance.
- Oval: the face is longer than it is wide. • The face is round because it is longer than it is wide.
- A face that is oblong or rectangular in shape has a lengthier side profile than the rest of the face, with the forehead and lower face having the same shape.
- Diamond: The cheekbones are the broadest part of the face, with the forehead and jawline being nearly equal in width. • Heart: The narrowest part of the face is the heart.
Finding the best hairstyle for your face shape will be much easier once you've determined your facial features.
Choose Your Style
As soon as you've mastered the foundations of wig purchasing, you can begin searching for a style that complements your unique personality. These wig purchasing tips can aid you in making an informed decision about the texture, color, and style of wig you should purchase.
The Texture of Your Look
Virgin human hair wigs are the most natural-looking alternative when it comes to long, flowing locks. These wigs have not been treated, colored, or permed, and no colors are available for purchase. For wigs that will endure for a long time, virgin hair is a fantastic choice because of its endurance.
The Hair Grade
As part of your planning, you should consider the sort of hair you wish to purchase. When it comes to exceptional quality, Remy's hair is unsurpassed. In order to create it, a single donor or a small number of donors must harvest human hair directly from the scalp, resulting in a totally human product. Because the cuticles and strands of your hair are all pointing in the same direction, your hair will appear shiny and smooth to the naked eye. Remy's hair is also less prone to developing knots, which means it is less likely to become tangled as a result of this.
The Various Textures of Wigs
- The best way to achieve a sleek and forceful style that needs minimal work is with virgin straight hair. This design is versatile, and it may be worn throughout the day or at night without seeming out of place.
- Yaki Straight - What exactly is yaki hair and how is it different from other types of hair? Yaki hair is gently heated to create a little kink in the ends. This creates the look of actual hair on the head. Each strand has a little wave to it, which adds depth and weight to the overall look.
- A curly hairstyle is a timeless look that will never go out of style. In addition to being a fashion statement, this natural hairstyle will also be a message. Having curly hair will draw attention to you. You may show off your daring style by wearing your hair in tight, show-stopping curls.
- The use of body waves may give your hair a fuller, more natural appearance. • Waves in the body if you compare this style to a loose wave, it is more like a tight curl. This texture could be just what you're looking for. Waves may be smoothed out by repeatedly washing them in the same water.
- Loose Waves: Loose waves are ideal for creating a loose curl look and are also simple to style. In comparison to body waves, they have more volume and a tighter curl that lasts for a longer period of time.
- Water Waves: Adding these curls to your hair will add glitter and volume, putting you and your hair in the spotlight. The use of water waves is excellent for a number of occasions, including workplace festivities and holidays
- Deep Wave: Because they are so natural, the smooth, spiral-like waves of a deep wave exude confidence. These tight curls seem more natural than ocean waves and provide the illusion of a healthy, full head of hair.
Personalization in terms of color
Purchasing a wig is possible on the internet, in a store, or in person. In order to suit your wild attitude, wigs are available in a number of colors, ranging from neutral to crazy in tone. It is possible to enhance your personal style with the help of these goods.
- Make a decision on whether you will want to modify the color of your wig before you purchase it. Wigs that have already been colored cannot be re-dyed. You must ensure that the wig color you choose is one that you would be comfortable wearing again.
- The ability of hair to be dyed and colored may be influenced by the texture of the hair itself.
- In order to get the desired look with dyed wigs, virgin hair that has not previously been colored or bleached must be used. Make a note of the fact that virgin hair that has been dyed after collecting should not be dyed again after that. If you choose synthetic hair, you should avoid coloring it or otherwise altering it in any way.
Which wig style is most appropriate for you?
When choosing a wig, think about how you want your hair to be styled after you wear it. Why? The advantages of different wigs are different. A range of stylistic choices, for example, may be found in different kinds of clothing. This wig purchasing guide will aid you in picking the most appropriate style for your next presentation or performance.
- Gowns in the Ready-to-Wear category - With ready-to-wear hair wigs, you can easily get the ferocious look you desire. You may easily alter the color, texture, length, and style of your hair in minutes without having to visit a hairdresser's office. Simply said, that's all there is to it.
- Lace Front Wigs - You desire a hairline that is expansive and natural-looking. It's possible that you're on the lookout for a lace front wig. Lace-front wigs get their name from the lace material that covers the front of the wig. It blends well with your skin tone. If the lace front wig is constructed with a section of the lace that is attached to the cap, it may be possible to do this. This will provide you with extra options for how to wear your wig in different situations.
- 360 Lace Wigsv - Instead of only having lace on the front, a 360-lace wig has lace all the way around the perimeter, creating a halo effect. This provides all-around protection as well as an increase in the density of the hair on the scalp. This wig is nearly undetectable and extremely versatile, making it a great choice for many occasions.
Choose the Lace Wig that is most appropriate for you.
Let's get into the specifics of what we're talking about. Are you looking for a fuller-figured style, a specific lace color, or a specific price range? If you follow these wig-buying rules, you will have an easier time gathering the information you require.
Density: Increase the capacity of the container.
The density of your wig's hair is measured in terms of its thickness. The density of a lace-style wig will have an impact on how thick your hair seems, so choose for a full, seductive appearance. Densities of wigs are frequently given as percentages. They could be anything from 50% to 2000%.
Lace has a natural ability to blend in with the skin, which is a benefit. A hue that is too dark will make concealing the lace tough to do well. There are two options for lace wigs: transparent or brown. If you're wondering how to buy a lace wig, you have two options: transparent or brown. Add your customary foundation to your hairline once you've placed the wig, and you'll be ready to flaunt your new appearance.
Proper Maintenance of the Wigs
Giving your wig proper care and attention is the best way to make sure it lasts. Wigs can get oily, dirty, and tangled just like natural hair. To maintain their vibrancy, wigs need to be washed and dried gently. However, with good care, some virgin hair wigs can last for up to 18 months. These are some tips on wig care: From how to clean a human hair-wig to how to brush it and everything in between.
- Use gentle cleaning products. Avoid using harsh cleaners. Mix a tablespoon of sulfate-free shampoo in a spray bottle and rinse with lukewarm water, depending on how often you use it.
- Dry it. A hairdryer is an option, but excessive heat can cause damage to your wig and reduce its lifespan. You can also let your wig air dry.
- Avoid hot weather. Exercising heat regularly, such as with styling tools or excessive blow-drying, can cause hair damage and reduce longevity.
- Be gentle with the products. Avoid heavy styling products that can weigh down the hair and make it difficult to clean.
- Detangle regularly. You can gently brush the hair with a wide-toothed comb from the ends to the top using a wide-tooth comb.